Nothing amazing or incredible happened today, but I am so tired. Gabby's sleep schedule has been off for almost two months, so she is either up at the crack of dawn or waking up and wanting to stay up late in the night. All I know is it is killing me, it reminds me of when she was a newborn. Only she is now smacking, biting and licking me constantly.
I have been working with her Autism doctor to change her meds, they have adjusted it but so far no change. I think I am ready to try some other drug and hopefully sleep a little better, but part of me is scared that all her great verbal progress she made will go away. It's a double edge sword, to make the hitting and biting go away sometimes her brain is not as clear so her verbal suffers. My anxiety is through the roof hoping and wanting change, but scared of change.
Nevertheless the days are long and the nights are short. I hesitate to complain, because I know some people have to handle Autism kids and work full time, plus have other children to deal with.
My stay at home, full time momma gig could be worse...but it could be so much better to. I see my friends strolling a sleeping baby shopping and I am sick with jealousy, because I could never do that with my baby. Ugh not a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment