Monday, July 1, 2013

Diagnosis


Almost from the first week we brought Gabby home, I knew something was different with my baby. She would cry for two to four hours straight at night, almost every night. I would nurse, rock, walk and bounce her till she passed out. The doctors had no clue. We did all the tests and we were labeled a difficult baby.

By two she was hardly talking, but physically she was kicking all of our butts, as she grew stronger, it was harder and harder to control her tantrums and fits. We gave up going out to eat and soon we stayed close to home or parks unless we had two people.

By three we were in speech and occupational therapy and we had a few improvements, but she grew taller and weighs 40 pounds. We had more people than I can count tell me I needed to discipline my child or spank her, but I knew that just made the tantrums worse. We had to bear hug her and pat her back till she would calm down, and then it was like nothing happened. For the last two years I have been the lady in Walmart holding down my girl while people walk by and see a 3 year old taking a tantrum.

Last week after running a bunch of tests Gabby was diagnosed with Autism. We are both relieved and devastated with the news. I know God has a plan for our life and Gabby's as well. So for now we are going to be faithful and trust in him to lead us through the next chapter with our little girl. Prayers are welcome and appreciated 

No comments:

Post a Comment