Friday, July 24, 2015

Out of the house and not going back :)

This week has been full of a bunch of firsts for us. First big change was I was offered a job by some pretty fantastic people. The offered me a good salary to be able to only work 16 hours a week. Four days a week 9-1. I get a nice office in a beautiful mansion to do the book keeping for six business. I work for a strong generous Christian man that was able to give me so much flexibility and encouraged me, that if I took the job he wanted me to know that family comes first and they would be able to provide me with endless time off to care for my girl.
Next, Gabby started STS school this week. It is a small private school for special needs children. She gets her therapy along with a specialized education that is catered just her. She can move as fast or slow as she is able. Her class has three girls and a boy with two teachers, plus a gym teacher. She is around four little Autistic individuals; her and another girl are the only two verbal ones in the class. Her first day a Gabby immediately connected to all her classmates. Her teacher commented she was very motherly to all the students and she was a born leader. She even set everyone up for nap time and the snuggled together like bugs in a rug.
So I am able to drop Gabby off in the mornings and head to work for a couple hours and then go get my girl. I have the option of leaving her till three, but I was a wussy all week and picked her up early. The next day her and Allen both were sick and headed to the doctor. They both had strep, but kept each other company staying home sick together.
Thursday we all went to Lubbock for Gabby pediatric neurologist. She weighs 65 pounds and is 3 feet and 10 inches with a BMI of 21 all at the age of four. She looked at Allen and said, she is built like you...big and tall. He loves that comment. They started her on Ritalin this morning. My child was a new baby today. Gentle, sweet, calm and talkative. She said things like a Righty tighty, lefty loosely while Turing on on the water to the sink.
After this amazing first week of work and Gabby at school I can see Gods hand In all the opportunities he is providing for our family. I am truly grateful for some adult time out of the house. Five years staying home was enough. I am out of the house and into the work force and I am not going back smile emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment