So we went to see the Autism doctor in Lubbock on Monday. They want to continue Gabby on the new drugs she is on because she is doing so well. I asked for something to help Gabby with Anxiety, because she still cries when I leave her at church for MDO. After almost two years at the same school and having to tent herself in class because she is so scared.
The doctor started to look like she was going to cry and said "She is so young, she should not have all these problems" I was completely taken back by this doctors emotions. Laureen and me where keeping it together so it was strange this doctor was having such a hard time. I tried to remember that you have no idea the battles that everyone is going through and she might of had her own problems going on. It has become so foreign to me to have a doctor with real empathy. Not something we run across much.
Nevertheless we got a anti anxiety to add to the medicine. It usually takes about two weeks to see improvement or tell if it is going to work. As of last night and this morning I already see an improvement. No tenting this morning and a very happy girl. She is also wearing a night gown, which before the fabric made her crazy. So I am hopeful for these new meds.
No comments:
Post a Comment