Last night after we were out for the whole day. Little Riley came over to jump with Gabby. I sent her outside with Allen and went to pick up a pizza. I get home a while later and Allen has set them up in front of the tv with a small snack. Riley asks me if she can stay for pizza and Gabby was right next to her with big eyes. So I said sure, and we all sat in the living room snuggling in a blanket and eating pizza. Allen bought Frozen and we started watching it.
In the beginning the parents go away and thats when Gabby started to cry in the movies and we had to leave. So I told Riley she might cry. Riley snuggled even closer to Gabby and then held up the blanket when that part came. A minute later she brought the blanket down and Gabby was none the wiser. Riley looks at me and says "I wish I could be her older sister, so I could help her with so many things.".....it was probably the first time in my life I wished we could keep little Riley because she is such a sweet little girl with a big heart. She is Gabby's only friend who seems to handle Gabby better than I can. She does all the talking for both of them and is always comforting Gabby when she has a moment. She wipes her little face and says "All better now"
In the beginning the parents go away and thats when Gabby started to cry in the movies and we had to leave. So I told Riley she might cry. Riley snuggled even closer to Gabby and then held up the blanket when that part came. A minute later she brought the blanket down and Gabby was none the wiser. Riley looks at me and says "I wish I could be her older sister, so I could help her with so many things.".....it was probably the first time in my life I wished we could keep little Riley because she is such a sweet little girl with a big heart. She is Gabby's only friend who seems to handle Gabby better than I can. She does all the talking for both of them and is always comforting Gabby when she has a moment. She wipes her little face and says "All better now"
No comments:
Post a Comment