Friday, November 22, 2013

A whole new Gabby


Today was Gabby's first field trip with her school class. They went to the same pumpkin patch we took her to last year. Last year was full of so many struggles, crying and several breakdown tantrums. So I have tied myself in knots deciding if I should keep her home or go with her (which she did not want...even though I asked many times)I even called one of Gabby's therapist to get her opinion. Finally I decided to not hover and let her go, but first I got up early and got ready just in case she needed me or had a hard time. I teared up leaving her at school and then I sat around all day waiting on the phone to ring. So it was finally time to go get her and I had not gotten a call all day. I walk into her class and her wonderful teacher told me she was awesome, played like the other kids and was super sweet. I bust out in tears and duck my head trying to cover my mini breakdown. So I came home and Allen says "Your going to have to get used to her doing well, with the medicine she is a whole new Gabby". He is really right, but my hovering parenting is hard to put away after three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment