We have the attic fan going, the AC on full blast, a box fan in the hallway and a humidifier going in Gabby's room. I just went to check on her and she is dead asleep shaking every time the firecrackers boom. At least she is sleeping through it.
So I just went to let bell outside to pee before we went to bed and I decided to water my porch plants in the dark before going to bed. So bell starts togrowl and I look up and see six of the neighborhood boys pull up on there bikes. The mother in me says, "What are you guys doing coming home so late"..(I said this before thinking of the Fourth of July.)
The kid from next door told me "The went over to Tommy's six street over to let off there fireworks, so Gabby would not get scared"
I had a little choked up moment before I said "Thank you guys so much"
He replied "No problem, Tommy's grandmother fell asleep in the chair and we were able to do anything we wanted, like playing with matches and lighting up fireworks and drinking full strength coke."
I said "Wow" and he said "Yeah full strength coke, I drank like five of em"
So I just went to let bell outside to pee before we went to bed and I decided to water my porch plants in the dark before going to bed. So bell starts togrowl and I look up and see six of the neighborhood boys pull up on there bikes. The mother in me says, "What are you guys doing coming home so late"..(I said this before thinking of the Fourth of July.)
The kid from next door told me "The went over to Tommy's six street over to let off there fireworks, so Gabby would not get scared"
I had a little choked up moment before I said "Thank you guys so much"
He replied "No problem, Tommy's grandmother fell asleep in the chair and we were able to do anything we wanted, like playing with matches and lighting up fireworks and drinking full strength coke."
I said "Wow" and he said "Yeah full strength coke, I drank like five of em"
No comments:
Post a Comment