Friday, November 22, 2013

Not in the Damn Corner

Gabby and I just came back from her school. Today was grandparents day and I totally forgot. So we came in and the room was full of grandparents and a lot of new people that Gabby did not know. She started to shake and then she had a pee pee accident. We went and got her changed and cleaned up and then we found our spot in the corner of the room away from everyone else.

I realize having an Autistic child we are going to be different than the other kids, we are special needs. My mistake was forgetting it for a few minutes. (Her sweet teachers were trying to make her more comfortable) I will tell you that walking in and seeing you are in the corner of the room, separated from everyone else takes your breath away. You think you are doing so good, fitting in and then you realize... we are so different than everyone else and no matter how hard we strive, we will always be in the corner of the room. I knew this would happen, I just did not realize it would be so soon, three year old church pre-school.

So I got a little teary eyed and then I looked at my shaking scared child and decided to bust us out of there. We got our stuff and made a break for it. So I checked out the movie times and we are going to eat with Nana and then go see a movie. I figure we will make the best of it, being different in our own way. Not in the damn corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment