Friday, November 22, 2013

Twice in a Row

So today marks the true 6th month mark of trying to encourage Gabby to pee pee on the potty. We went totally hardcore and then slacked off. We have gone to little works shops at the turn center. Recently we started three year old preschool, where she is around other children who have mastered training.

Today we started everyday off with her in panties and me with my carpet cleaner ready to go. Do you know my child peed in the potty twice today in a row. TWICE IN A ROW.

I clearly know we are far from completely trained, but when I saw her get up and go and actually heard piss coming out it. The impact for me was like winning the super bowl in the last three seconds of the game. I instantly mentally pumped myself up about a 1000 times and felt like I needed to make the speech for 'mother of the special needs child of the year'.

She missed it for the rest of the day, but those TWICE IN A ROW number 1's made my entire month. Allen, Laureen and I jumped and sang and cheered so loud you would have though we won the lottery.

Below is Gabby wearing her had after we cheered, she did not want a thing to do with us. She is so gangster 

No comments:

Post a Comment