Friday, November 22, 2013

Angel


So we just left therapy and we used to have coax Gabby into the building and she would whimper/cry and perhaps melt down in the building because she hated speech and occupational therapy.

After about six months we changed therapist and she has started to love going. So today she probably had her best therapy session ever. She was sweet and kind, she said please and thank you, she even threw her tissue away in the trash can. We are just about finished up when I hear a huge wail of a cry; that I know is my child about to start a tantrum. She is fighting with her OT about having to leave. She ends up fully melting down and I have to hold her down. I think we are about to calm down and I realize we need to retreat to the car as fast as possible. I sling her up, grab my bag and we are out the door.

Not two seconds out the door she does a wiggle/flip out of my arms and almost lands on the concrete. I caught her by the belly and dropped everything. She is so mad she start to try and claw away from me. This hero of a security guard come over and says "Get your car, I will hold her down."

I guess it was his tone that made me let her go and I ran to get my car. Well I pull up and realize this poor man is bodily holding down my child and she is foaming at the mouth, I go to lift her up and he picks her up and Gabby says "Black, Black, Black man and is practically spitting on this man. He buckles her in to her car seat and wipes off her mouth with his handkerchief.

So I was about to pull away and he knock on the door and hands me my purse. I was about to say Thank you so much or sorry for the black man comment or something and he tells me he will say a prayer for me and walks away. We get home and I realize Gabby is still clinging to his handkerchief and its hand embroidered with BLR and dead asleep.

God really put an angel in my path today.
196
An

No comments:

Post a Comment